WHO ARE WE AND WHAT IS OUR APPROACH TO YOUR PRIVACY?
HOW ARE WE PROTECTING YOUR DATA?
For the purposes of data protection this policy refers to the 1998 Data Protection Act until 25th May 2018 and thereafter the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent, and successor, legislation.
WE WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE’RE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
We collect the minimum amount of information about you which helps us provide you with a satisfactory service. This may include personal details or details about your order. We want you to know that the use of this website gives us the right to collect that information, but importantly gives you the option to opt out at any time. We do it as we want to get to know you better, which means we can process your orders faster and and show you more of the offers and products you love. And if there’s a problem with your order (unlikely, but it does happen), it also means we can deal with it super fast!
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect any or all of the information that you give us depending on the type of transaction you enter into. This may include the following –
• When you purchase from us at www.sweetaromas.co.uk we ask for, and collect, personal information such as including your name, address, telephone number, date of birth and email address and items ordered.
• If you set up an online account with us, we will also store your password.
• If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address.
• Cunty Candles and third-party providers of advertisements may also collect information regarding your visit to www.sweetaromas.co.uk. This may include where you are geographically, how you were referred to us (e.g. search engines or email marketing), your browser and device type, the pages you viewed, the duration of your visit and any search terms used. This information may be collected even if you do not register an account with us.
• Other information that may be needed from time to time to process a request may also be collected as indicated on the website.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the information collected primarily to make your shopping experience as fun and easy as possible. We may use your information in the following ways –
• From time to time we may want you to know about special offers and promotions we’re running, so we may use your registered information to send marketing messages via mobile phone or e-mail services or catalogues via post. You can opt out of marketing emails and SMS messages at any time.
• We use your information so that we can successfully process your order which includes delivery, payment and returns.
• Our online account holders require an email address and password to access their account so that you can order all of your novelty candles
• We may also use demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests to improve our services.
• We take fraud very seriously, so the information helps us assist in its detection and prevention.
• Our Courier Service has selected access to your details for delivery purposes only.
Under data protection law, it is considered a legitimate business interest for us to use our customers’ details for direct marketing, so we may contact you in this way so you find out about our latest ranges and offers.
Data collected in the UK is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER AND WHY DO WE CONTACT YOU?
We want to know everything about you so we understand the best products to provide
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• If you have signed up for our newsletters, we contact you to update you about exciting new product launches, sales and offers which are exclusive to our subscriber list. You can opt out of marketing emails at any time.
• When you make a purchase online, we will contact you by email to notify you of updates to your order.
• We may also contact you about leaving reviews for products once you have received your order.
• If successful when entering any of our amazing competitions or prize draws we will contact you by email to notify you.
• We will contact you by telephone if there is a problem with your order or if we need to get in touch regarding a refund.
• For items being delivered by our courier, the courier company will send you an email or a text message with a delivery update if you provided a valid phone number and email address when you placed the order.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
DO WE SHARE ANY OF THIS INFORMATION?
• We may disclose personal information obtained about you from this website in order to complete a transaction – e.g. when arranging for a courier company to deliver goods that you have ordered.
• We may also use the information to keep in contact with you and inform you of exciting developments associated with our business.
• You will be given the opportunity to remove yourself from any mailing list or similar device. If at any time in the future we should wish to disclose information collected on this website to any third party, it would only be with your knowledge and consent.
• We may from time to time provide information of a general nature to third parties, for example, the number of individuals visiting our website or completing a registration form, but we will not use any information that could identify those individuals.
Data sharing outside of EEA
Some of our third–party processors, who provide marketing analysis for us have sub-processing activities outside the UK, so your data may be passed out of Europe where strictly speaking it may be subject to less strict data protection laws. We will however seek to ensure that it is subject to appropriate data security at all times.
HOW LONG DATA IS KEPT
We keep a record of all orders. This record helps us answer any questions about your order history should we ever need this for important legal or audit purposes. We know when things aren't working out anymore, so if you haven’t shopped with us for six years, we'll realise that you've moved on and dont find our products fun anymore!
DO WE USE ANY INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
We want to show you more of the things you love, which is why we use the following marketing tools –
We love SM at Sweet Aromas, which is why we use it to broadcast messages and updates about products and news. We love chatting to you on there, so on occasion we may reply to comments or questions you make to us on social media platforms. You may also see adverts from us on social media that are tailored to your interests. Depending on your settings or the privacy policies social media and messaging services like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, you might give third parties permission to access information from those accounts or services.
HOW CAN I UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS?
We want you to have as much control over your personal information as possible, so we want you to know that you can do this in the following ways –
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for marketing purposes.
• If you have previously signed up to our email newsletters and want to unsubscribe at any point click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email or log into your account to change your preferences.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Your Internet browser has the in-built facility for storing small files- "cookies" - that hold information which allows a website to recognise your account. Our website takes advantage of this facility to enhance your experience. You have the ability to prevent your computer from accepting cookies but, if you do, certain functionality on the website may be impaired.
• We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used.
• This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
• We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites which we think you may be interested in. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over what you may see on these other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
WANT TO CONTACT US?
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of personal information held about you
• The right to request that inaccuracies be corrected
• The right to request us to stop processing your personal data
• The right to withdraw consent
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY